Saturday, 17 November 2007

Still Heart'n the Tartan


Checks were huge this season, the lumberjacks and slow talking country boys were invading the creative heads everywhere. I have had a love affair with checks ever since the mighty reign of the tartan pants circa 1996 school disco, I absolutely loved them (may they RIP) So the fad wore off but tartan stayed on my mind and life up until now how been scattered with various headbands, bags, blankets and one seriously questionable cape all rad in plaid, i spent the summer stealing my best friends red/green checked legginings. Most recently I got a tartan kilt from a bag of old costumes someone was chucking away. Thanks to the 'subtle' guidance of the notorious VIV (Westwood) tartan has become a epic element of design fantasy object of harajuku girls the east over. Scots might heave a sigh of relief to know that its getting a bit old and once again will go to the back of the queue of influences on fashion. I was suddenly feeling a little sick of my new kilt TILL I bumped into these crazy kids roaming the streets of Manchester..




They took it to another level. thanks boys, I hope you have a beautiful tartan wedding.

ps. Seriously there is nothing better than wearing some boy's checked shirt.

No comments: